Welcome to Burning Crusade
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Game Testing

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Administrator

Administrator

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Over the last few months the project has advanced significantly with finishing touches being made over the past weeks. Great work has been done and a major step has been taken.

We're pleased to announce that the project will soon be progressing into a testing phase. We have some work to do before anything is open to the public, however, we are now accepting applications to assist us with game testing. 

Bear in mind that, although there will be playing involved, this is a stage of development. In that regard, the ideal individuals for this phase are those who can communicate well and are motivated to play a constructive role. For this reason, we ask those interested to please submit an application here and wait to be contacted.

For those following this project we have gone some time without disclosing any information. Here is the current plan of action; after this stage of testing/development is completed there will be another closed stage where select members of the community will have their forum accounts flagged with permission to access our realm. The final phase would then be an open event for stressing purposes.

More information will be available in the coming days. Additionally, another (small) video will be prepared in a timely manner. Thank you for your continued support.

Demandedace

Demandedace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

YESS! I was hoping there would be a Christmas update! Best. Gift. Ever.

KCRhino

KCRhino

• Game Tester
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Seriously, hope I get in, been waiting a long time to beta test!

VeloZiraptor

VeloZiraptor

Advanced Member

• Game Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGermany

Awesome news. I would love to help as a tester, but I have no knowledge in development and coding. So at least I will wish you good luck. Keep it up.

Hatedream

Hatedream

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Awesome news. I would love to help as a tester, but I have no knowledge in development and coding. So at least I will wish you good luck. Keep it up.

The 'Game Tester' role does not require knowledge in development and coding; it just requires communication between developers as well as other testers. More info at: https://www.burning-...om/recruitment/

KCRhino

KCRhino

• Game Tester
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Do you know when we'll hear back? Some of us are ready to help out now!

aimdat

aimdat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Would also like to know this, got a lot of free time due to xmas break, willing to dedicate alot of time to helping out!

flare

flare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

That's certainly some good information! e426862.gif

Profile on WCM (click):

hlLspZJ.png

eXtence

eXtence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

who would've though! it finally happend bois!

Lifat

Lifat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

I always thought that they were going to finish. I mean the changelog kept being changed which suggested that work was happening. That said, I had no idea how long it would take. My personal guess after they postponed was late november to early december before release but I also thought it might be a year or more.
I'm happy that this is happening.

On an on topic note:
While I understand if you can't do this, I do hope that you will let every beta test submitter know if they've been accepted or not because there is nothing worse than not knowing. I get that you might not have a specific date yet for when you'll do that but simply confirming that we will be notified regardless of it being a yes or no would suffice.
An alternative way of doing it would be eventually notify us which date the acceptances is being sent and if you recieve nothing then it is because you were rejected.

Hatedream

Hatedream

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAustralia

On an on topic note:
While I understand if you can't do this, I do hope that you will let every beta test submitter know if they've been accepted or not because there is nothing worse than not knowing. I get that you might not have a specific date yet for when you'll do that but simply confirming that we will be notified regardless of it being a yes or no would suffice.
An alternative way of doing it would be eventually notify us which date the acceptances is being sent and if you recieve nothing then it is because you were rejected.

Noted.

eXtence

eXtence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

it might be easier to just make a new post in the announcement tab and write down all the accepted apps for game testers/ GM's and all the applications in general. That way we'll quickly know whether or not we're beeing accepted. It will also cut some drama. its just my 2 cents

Gummy

Gummy

Developer

• Developers
  • 136 posts

We're making some internal preparations before we begin reviewing applications.

KCRhino

KCRhino

• Game Tester
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Let's say we get accepted, would it be okay to stream the testing? 

Blueringed

Blueringed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Good question. I'd assume the answer is a No, considering the secrecy towards development thus far. :)

Thrann

Thrann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I would hold off on streaming until this has been greenlit

Demandedace

Demandedace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Highly doubt it, unless you were to restrict access to the stream to other verified testers as a way to "compile notes" of sorts. I still don't believe they will allow it, this entire project has been kept under very tight wraps and streaming would potentially ruin that.

Lifat

Lifat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

So far no ruling has been made on it, but if I were you, I'd hold off on it untill you get an official acceptance to stream from a beta server. (but that is just a good general rule for any beta server, not just this one).

Gummy

Gummy

Developer

• Developers
  • 136 posts

I'm locking this thread but I invite everyone to continue discussions in the general category.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users